Sunday 27 January 2013

Bird Watching, Forgotten Passwords and Melbourne

Well after spending an inappropriate amount of time trying to log into my account (I started when Murray had just gone 2:1 down in Melbourne it's now over!) Mya has gone for a nap and I'm updating you all on our experience of The Big Garden Birdwatch www.rspb.org.uk/birdwatch #birdwatch.

We decided that today would be a better day than yesterday to take part, however, mother nature has a funny way of putting you in your place. 
Yes, we've got the sunshine, but, along with that we have gale force winds that would normally mean we should stay in doors and it definitely meant that the garden birds should stay in the nest, remain safe and not bother taking to the wing.

Our count was pretty dismal:
1 x Seagull
2 x Magpies
1 x Goldfinch
1 x Robin
1 x Blackbird
1 x Sparrow

Mya did enjoy filling up the bird feeders though, so, all wasn't lost and while I had one eye on the birds I had the other eye on Andy Murray hoping he'd take another Grand Slam victory. Watching the tennis brought back memories of 1992 when I went to see Midnight Oil perform at the same stadium during my year in Australia. A great night and a great adventure.

We're going to try another bird watch another day and hopefully we'll see more birds next time and maybe Murray will win another title.





No comments:

Post a Comment